Monday 18 August 2014

My summer of fun!






Hello Beautiful!

It’s been a long while since I last posted, but I will admit I’ve been an extremely busy body & I think it’s time for an update!

Firstly, I’ve been completing work experience with local newspaper Nottingham post and PR Company HR Media. Well, I tell a lie – I’m in the midst of doing work experience at HR Media.

I thoroughly enjoyed working for the Nottingham Post; I interviewed, I researched and I got published several times! Although I covered the majority of the fashion section that week (yay me!) I think my favourite piece was definitely the loom band feature I wrote.

Not only was the piece published, it was also the editors pick of the day! When I saw that, I was absolutely thrilled. Maybe I have a hack for feature writing, ay?

Now, I’ve moved onto PR and have written about ice skating to Scooby-Doo. Yes, the cartoon character!

The company deals with a lot of local companies so I’ve done several press releases for them, sorted through application forms and researched new clients. I’m actually really enjoying myself!

And what’s even better? No tea making! Ok, I should feel slightly bad for that – but I was one of those people who actually dreaded doing that ALL DAY LONG instead of actual work.

As well as work experience, I’ve actually been a bit of a socialite.

Ok, maybe not on the level of Kimmy K herself but nowadays I’m hardly in the house! Which is great for someone who spent most of her teenage years sat in a room playing ‘The Sims’ and reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on park swings. (Oh how I miss nerd Lauren).

I’ve attended two festivals since I last spoke – Nottingham festival Splendour and Y Not.

I saw so many acts that I have wanted to see all my life; Scouting for Girls, The Boomtown Rats with Bob Geldof himself, Razorlight, The Fratellis and the legendary Dizzee Rascal. Without a doubt the best artist I have ever seen live! I even managed to watch Saint Raymond twice! 

And I also discovered new ones to love such as Reverd and the Makers. If you haven’t listened to them, I 100% recommend.

This has definitely been a summer to remember, and knowing this will probably be my last summer before I’m released into the big bad world scares me a little…

I mean, I’ve already got a taste since I will be moving out to Nottingham early in September as I have finally decided it’s time to stand on my own two feet. Eek. I feel all grown up.

I never realised how daunting and stressful it is getting your own place! However, my family and friends have been so supportive and I couldn’t thank them enough.

 And I think that’s me pretty much up-to-date, I have a few posts lined up but if there is anything you would like me to cover, don’t hesitate to ask!


My love, as always!


No comments:

Post a Comment