Wednesday 1 January 2014

Interview: Little Mix's Perrie Edwards


'Excited': Little Mix, with Perrie Edwards (far right).

You've just announced your second headline tour, so are you excited about getting back on the road?
We are so excited; it's going to be amazing. We're very much buzzing for this.
You came to Nottingham earlier this year on your first tour. What did you think of the city?
We loved it! We just loved it. The crowd were very loud and really up for a party. Everywhere we go our fan base is amazing; we're very lucky to have the fans we do. We just know it's going to be an amazing show and we can't wait.
Your latest album, Salute, reached number four in the chart. You must be pleased with that?
We are really proud of how it's doing. Obviously the last album (DNA) did really well in America as well as here so that was quite a big deal. Hopefully we will have the same success with Salute, or it may do even better.
What is your favourite song on the album?
(Laughs) I don't know – it changes every day. I definitely love the title track. I think that's an anthem and is going to be amazing to perform on the tour. I love Boy because of the acapella and the harmonies. I love Mr Loverboy because of its old skool feel... basically, I love all of them!
You've come a long way since the X Factor in 2011 and there has been a lot in the press about your relationship with One Direction's Zayn Malik. How do you deal with that?
Well, we have each other. We keep each other grounded. We've all got amazing families and an amazing team around – we are very lucky. We do our best to just enjoy everything. It can get tiring at times but what we live for is touring – that's what we love the most. It's the best part about this job.
You'll be playing at the Capital FM Jingle Bell Ball this weekend. Are you excited about that?
Yeah, I wasn't able to perform there last year so I'm very excited. I missed it because of getting my tonsils taken out and I was very poorly.
Anything you would like to say to your fans here in Nottingham?
Just a massive thank you to all our amazing fans for getting us where we are today, for helping us make another album, for getting (recent single) Move so high in the charts and hopefully I will see them all on tour very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment