Wednesday 10 July 2013

Disney Films - Will the next generation ever understand it?


Hello Beautiful!

This is just a short post about me rambling on about my love for Disney and the challenges it faces today!

If I was to ask any child who was born in the 90's if they've ever watched a Disney movie, the answer would be 100% yes. For me, Disney had a huge impact on my life. As the first born , you could always find me watching The Lion King, The Little Mermaid or Cinderella - all classics with very important messages.

But now, as I watch my two younger sisters grow, I can't help but feel that Disney has evolved from the old Disney that I love and cherish. Yes, it may very well be because of the ever changing times - but from own personal experience I feel that children do not care about the Classic Disney - just Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez.




I could still find me to this day snuggling in bed watching Disney films - especially The Lion King. Now, I'm unsure if it's because the film was created the year I was born; or my obsession for cats, but I cannot help but adore everything about this movie! The message 'Hakuna Matata' is something I do live by, and the idea that you can move on from even the worst of times and carry on your dreams - Well, I think this message is extremely important for children today.

However, I worry that some children do not enjoy Disney the way my generation do. Instead, they focus on the new Disney - which includes Miley Cyrus. Yes, she is an amazing young lady (and I do love the new hairdo)  but now I worry 'Is she that good of a role model now?' Maybe, maybe not.

Do you enjoy Disney? What are your thoughts?




No comments:

Post a Comment