Tuesday 10 September 2013

Post-Holiday Blues


Hello Beautiful!

For me, Summer has reached it's end and I am preparing for the harsh winter months. Last Saturday, I landed back on British ground and since then I have had the post-holiday blues. And the British weather is definitely not helping.

For those of you who didn't know, I have just come back from two much needed weeks at Turkey. We stayed in the southern part of Turkey called Side (Pronounced seed-ay) which meets the Mediterranean sea. Side is a breath-taking place, for both the older and the young generation. Roman ruins surround the area, including the temple of Apollo. If this doesn't interest you, then the extensive bazaars and Turkish bars can tickle anyone's fancy.

Side Ruins

We were very fortunate enough to stay in the five-star hotel Asteria. I have been on numerous holidays, but I can honestly say this was by far the best holiday I have ever experience. The hotel itself was always immacualte, so it was no wonder I didn't want to return home. with it's own beach, you always had options on how you could spend your day & 3 A La Carte restaurants as well as it's own restaurant.

By the pool

The staff however, were the ones that made the holiday for me and my family. The waiters and waitress were very attentive, whenever a drink was ordered the glass would remain full. The cleaners were polite and friendly, and you would never see them unhappy. When we had a problem with our transfer times, the receptionist did everything in their power to co-operate with our needs. The Animation team; to be honest, they became a second family to us. They were always their trying to improve your holiday by encouraging you up to do pool games, dragging you up to dance and if you wanted someone to talk to, they were always their to listen. I cannot thank them enough for the experience they gave me and my family.

But now, I am experiencing the post-holiday blues and I cannot wait to return the sun next year so much so that I'm contemplating doing a work placement abroad. Stupid British weather.

And so, I am now ready to embrace the dark, cold months - which also means I can indulge on some new knitwear, ready for bonfire night.

How was your summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment