Thursday 15 May 2014

'Instagram meets eBay'


Hello beautiful!

Ok, if you don't personally know me there are two things you should know: 1. I love buying clothes (some find happiness in love, I find happiness in a new dress) and 2. I am so cheap (I once travelled all the way to Leeds because I refuse to pay full price for Ark clothing!)

Usually, if I'm not looking for anything in particular or if I'm on a budget I love to have a look on eBay and see what bargains I can find. 

However, sometimes I find it difficult to find anything suitable for my age range. And if you wanted to sell something via eBay, you could pay almost a pound just for putting the item online!

However, this has all changed.

'Depop' is the latest selling app; combining the greatness and ideas of eBay with the layout and quirkiness of Instagram. All you have to do is take a photo (with no charge for the amount of photos you upload, yay!) write a description with hashtags (like Instagram)and name a price - it is exceedingly simple!

The only money that will be taken off you is once the item is sold, and even then it's only 10%.  

I will admit, I am totally in love with this app and have been severely addicted to it since I downloaded it on Sunday.

In that time, I have purchased my dream mom jeans (as seen below) two Jack Wills tops (one of which was a measly £4) and a red Fred Perry jacket. 


A screenshot of the app

If you haven't tried this app, then I would recommend you give it a go. The app is completely free and it's also free to join. What have you got to lose?!

What are your thoughts on the app?



No comments:

Post a Comment