Thursday 8 May 2014

My Fav Festival Essenitals


Hello Beautiful!

Nottingham has already marked the beginning of the festival season by becoming host for Everywhere and Deck The Halls.

However, unlike other festivals such as Glastonbury and Park Life, not much thought is needed when it comes to deciding your outfits.

If you have ever been to a festival (especially when it has been raining) you will know that wellies are a necessity!

Yes, cheap wellingtons are all nice and good, but a decent pair of wellies will keep your feet nice and warm whilst you surround yourself in mud.

Hunters offer the best quality wellingtons in the county and although they are expensive – their durability makes every penny well worth the spend.

They come in a range of lengths and colours, but a personal favourite are these red beauties! They will definitely make your feet stand out against the mud.




Original Tall
Hunters
£85
For me, another festival essential is shorts - and the rain doesn't put me off the thought of wearing them.

When I attended Y Not last year, I pretty much lived in shorts - even during a thunderstorm with heavy rain!

All across the high street, I have seen shorts with lace trimmings and I love these ones from New Look.

The acid wash with the dainty lace detail is gorgeous! plus, as there's not too much white, you don't have to worry about getting them dirty.



Lace hotpant shorts
New Look
£19.99

Kimonos have set to become very popular this summer, and I have found them to be very easy to incorporate into your wardrobe.

Retailer H&M have a beautiful collection of long, short, plain and floral kimonos - so even the fussiest of fashionistas will have a good chance of finding a kimono to wear.

I love this Aztec print kimono from the brand; most of the kimono's I have seen are usually made from a silky material and this viscose kimono is definitely more festival appropriate!

Patterned Kimono
H&M
£14.99

Last, but not least, if you are lucky enough to experience some warm weather whilst you are at your festival, sunglasses are a BIG must (plus, they are essential if you are hungover ... cough.)

I am in love with the round sunglasses, and every time I look at a pair I think of music legends such as John Lennon and Elton John.

ASOS have a huge range on sunglasses at the moment and when I came across this pair - I instantly fell in love! The detail around the lens makes these just a little bit special.



Image 1 of ASOS Filigree Top Round Sunglasses
Filigree Top Round Sunglasses
ASOS
£15

Personally, I cannot wait for August to come around so I can start to wear these beauties!


What is your favourite festival item?




























































1 comment: