Tuesday 29 January 2013

DIY Hair mask

Hello my Darlings!

My time as a trainee/student journalist has really took it's toll on me:- having to write 4 court reports & a patch story in one week is not good! and I feel quite run down! including my blonde locks!

I was searching on the internet for some good, home-made hair masks when I came across one on AndreasChoice. The mask uses 2 key ingredients:

  • Coconut oil

  • Honey




The effects:

The reason behind using coconut oil is because it is one of the oils that particles are small enough to be absorbed by the hair, and with it's moisturising properties it's perfect for any hair type! The oil can be purchased at any hair retailer, or in local markets.

Honey is also great for your hair:- it helps prevent hair loss and baldness, it makes your hair shiny and the hair follicles more healthier.

What to do:

Firstly, heat up your coconut oil:- coconut oil is a solid at room temperature so, in a microwave or putting the bottle in boiling water, warm the oil up unit it goes into it's liquid state.

In a bowl, mix 50% honey 50% oil together (as much as your hair needs really! I didn't measure) mix until it's a thick consistency.

The mask can be used on both wet and dry hair, although I personally would recommend wet as the mask can lock in more moisture that way.

Slather the mask on your hair, making sure it is completely covering your head, stick either a shower cap or plastic bag on your head and relax! I left mine on for an hour :) The consistence is rather sticky so stick a towel round your shoulders.

After this time, wash your hair out with cool water & a gentle shampoo - this will make sure all of the product comes out your hair & doesn't leave it looking greasy.

The results were fantastic! and my hair definatly felt healthier :D

Tip: Another mask idea, leave in your favourite conditioner in for a few hours and see the results!

If you try this out, show me your results!

Lauren

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment