Wednesday 30 January 2013

When Lauren went shopping in Nottingham ....

Hello my Darlings!

I am constantly going backwards and forwards to Nottingham, and even when I'm not at University i'll still end up there!

I don't know what attracts me so much to Nottingham; the mixture of new buildings with the iconic town hall, the overflowing population that seems to fill market square ... or it could be the amount of independent shops, designer boutiques and variety stores that are placed around the city.

I live in the neighbouring city of Derby - which is quite quaint and known for it's rural landscapes - so when I first start to discover the city, I was very much overwhelmed with the amount of shops available! They even had a MAC (yes, this may not sound like alot to people but I LOVE MAC products!)

And so, I've become quite attached to the city - and it is my main focal point when it comes to shopping. I managed to pick up a few bits when I needed to round up a few sources;

Peacock Notepad:

Image      ImageImage

Isn't it stunning? This little notepad by Punch Studios was found amongst other notepads in T X MAXX for a bargain price of £4.99! Just the artistic, exotic look of the whole journal totally won me over! the vivid purples, the focus on the peacock and the delicate flowers (I would like to say they're jasmine or a lotus?) really is beautiful! and the pages are great quality too. I thought that it would be a good time to get a good, sturdy notepad for all the reports that i'll have to do (abit late, huh?)

Soap and Glory Super-Colour Fabulipstick & Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick:

ImageImage

Since I saw this product in my local boots store, I've been dying to try it! and ended up buying it the other day. I chose the Fushsia-ristic shade as I really am a lover or deep pink and red lip colours (being so pale, I believe it compliments my skin!)

Image

Just tested the product on the back of my hand and, unlike the gloss, the consistency is alot less stick! which I really like. And it smells like chocolate! yummy!

ImageImage

I was very fortunate enough to get the 'wowed' lip set in the boxing day sales and fell in love with 3 of the shades. Guava Rama is one of them!

Image

I love this deep reddish pink with it's hint of shimmer, It really looks nice for as toned down red lip look.

So what have you brought recently? anything special?

Lauren

xoxo

p.s. I'll have some more exciting reviews coming soon, watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment