Friday 22 March 2013

DIY Hair Mask No2


Hello Beautifuls!

If anyone personally know me, they know I do ALOT with my hair. From going dark to blonde to platinum to dark brunette, I have experienced every hair disaster possible.

Recently, my hair gave me a wake up call. I suffered for severe hair loss caused by Tresemme Keratin Smooth shampoo and conditioner, and it really got me thinking:- what am I putting in my hair?

So it has been my mission to find the best products for my hair to regain my hairs true potential. And so, I bring you my homemade hair mask.

Ingredients

  • 1 raw egg 
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons of honey
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
  • a plastic bag
  • a clip
After alot of research (and alot of stalking of Lush!) I have found the 4 perfect ingredients to indulge my hair. Before this mask, my hair was brittle, dry and needed some TLC and my Aussie 3 minute miracle wasnt cutting it for me. So, why these ingredients? the egg provides protein for the hair, honey is great for putting shine back in the hair, coconut oil is one of the only oils that can get into the cuticles of your hair and helps with brittle end and olive oil makes your hair extra soft and is brilliant for your scalp. 

  1. Put the bottle/tub of coconut oil in a bowl/sink full of hot water. Coconut oil is a solid at room temperature and we need this as a liquid.
  2. crack one egg into a bowl (not the one with the coconut oil) then add 2 tablespoons of each oils - and then the honey.
  3. Whisk up the ingredients to make sure all the oil is evenly distributed.
  4. You may want gloves for this: put the mixture onto dry hair. Make sure it is evenly distributed.
  5. Place your hair into a plastic bag and use a clip to secure.
  6. Wait for at least an hour (you can even sleep in it)
  7. thoroughly wash your hair with a gently shampoo. I used Johnsons baby shampoo and followed it with my Pantene repair and protect conditioner. Wash thoroughly & towel dry.
  8. Let your hair air dry unless your in a hurry, use a hairdryer on cool temp.
  9. Use any protecting oil such as the mythic oil & the macadamia healing oil.
And Ta Dah! fabulous hair in a flash!

I would recommend doing this weekly :)

Lauren

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment